Groundnut (Peanut) Soup With Chicken
● 2-3 pounds chicken
● 1 tablespoon paprika
● 2-3 tablespoon oil
● 2 tomatoes
● 4 garlic cloves
● 3 tablespoon parsley
● 1/2 cup peanut butter paste
● Salt and pepper to taste
1. Season chicken with paprika, 1/2 onion, salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. In a large pot, heat oil over low heat, then add the chicken and sauté stirring, frequently, any browned bits off at the bottom of pot.
3. Blend tomatoes, onions, garlic, and parsley. Pour mixture in the pot of chicken, bring it to a boil And let it simmer until tender (depending on chicken).
4. Add the peanut butter and 2 cups of water. Let it simmer for 5 mins.
5. Adjust soup thickness with water if necessary. If not, return your soup to the heat and let it simmer to thickness desired.
6. Drip a little soup from your stirring spoon. If you are satisfied with thickness, serve it.
Leave a Reply