Fante Fante is a traditional food which originated from the coastal Fante people of the Central Region of Ghana.
- Fresh tomatoes
- Red palm oil
- Fresh Fish
- Salt to taste
1. Pour palm oil into the pot and slice the onions into thin slice and allow the onions to cook until golden brown
2. Blend the fresh tomatoes, ginger, garlic, pepper, and onion. Pour into the red oil and allow to cook for some 10 minutes.
3. Prepare your fresh fish in the meantime by taking out the gills and removing the scales and cut into pieces. Season with Maggi and salt and add to the tomato sauce.
4. Cover the pot and allow to simmer on medium low temperature heat, stirring occasionally for 10 to 20 minutes.
5. Lower heat and let it simmer for another 10 minutes.
6. You can now serve your Fante Fante with your favorite pap or banku or ampesi.